Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Enemy of Good

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. 

I ran one mile this morning. It may seem insignificant, but a short run is better than no run at all.  An endless To Do list and full work day brought me home sooner than usual. I could have skipped the run altogether and jumped right into my busy day, but I didn't. I went outdoors. I saw the sunshine. I got my heart rate going. Outside responsibilities can't be ignored altogether, but neither can wellness. Today I had a tiny sliver of time, and I made the best of it. 

Running can be daunting, and the first step out the door is the hardest. If you only have time for a short run, or it takes 15 minutes to complete a mile, or you need to walk up the hills, don't worry. Wherever you are, it's better than not trying at all. 

You may not be perfect, but you're good. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog! You are a motivational speaker! (writer) <3

    ReplyDelete